Sunday, August 13, 2006

Office Hours

Everyone should have a place of their own. I’m not talking about houses or apartments…nothing that complicated. Just a place to hide out and think; a coffee shop, the bookstore, a patio or even an old motor home parked in the driveway. Somewhere to read, reflect and relax.

Another Day at the Office

The local Kebap café has become my hangout. Even more so, it has become my official office (and is listed as such on my cards, “Office Located at: Cemre Kebap, Corner Table, Istanbul”). That corner table is reserved for me, and each week when Ann goes across town to the Kazasker street market I tag along, and while she shops for peppers, dill, and lamb…I clock-in at my table and hold office hours.

With our relocation to the other side of the “other side” (you have to know Istanbul to understand that phrase), it now is a longer jaunt for me to get to the office. So, for the time being, the office will be open on Thursdays and the occasional Monday. If you miss me, order the Çop Şıs and a pitcher of Ayran, I’ll be along.

No comments:

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World