Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Splitting Hairs and Ripping Roots

Some things are best left unsaid....I hope to learn that lesson someday. It is uncommon to find razors of any quality in our parts. The big deal, locally, are these cool little handheld doodahs that pull your hair out by its roots. They purport a painless and even enjoyable epilation. All the girls at the store say it is the only way to remove unwanted hair from the legs etc.. And all the advertisements show young ladies smiling and laughing while using the product. The younger of my two girls has been longing for one...So, after finding a great deal a few days ago, we bought it.
This is a "girls only" appliance. But, curious to see how the "220 Volt Turbo Epilady Maxima" worked...I touched it (ever so briefly) to my exposed abdomen. I was quite surprised by the words and vocabulary that came so quickly to the tip of my tongue. In all honesty, it was not nearly as pleasant an experience as I expected. There is a lot more about this subject that I would like to tell you about. But am not allowed.
The worst part for me was that both of my girls were able to complete their epilation without vocalizing the words that I yearned to utter.
I am not "Consumer Products", but my personal experience with any 220 volt Epilation appliance, is two thumbs down.
Since I cannot show you the pictures to accompany this story: Here is an assortment of photos from our week. Off to Ephesus in 7 hours.
Basilica Cistern

Hanging With Nejmi and Ahmet

Cat in the Rain
A Turk's Kindness

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your visit to Ephesus! I would love to visit a place with so much history!

JF

Anonymous said...

I often check the internet to find out more about the places that you visit. I just found a website that has short videos that you can watch (all free) and find out more about some of the places in Turkey. It is at www.videosofturkey.com. Check it out!

JF

Anonymous said...

This was one time I would have paid money to have a bug implated in your house. Even if it would have been sound only, it would have been worth it to hear the explosion. :) And the choice words. Tee Hee.
Anyway, we love you and are glad to hear your sense of humor is still in tack.

Anonymous said...

I've read this three times now and I still laugh everytime I read it. The word picture is just great.
Love ya, and miss ya lots, B

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World