Saturday, August 11, 2007
Stuck in the Mud
Things must be slow in the celestial realm for the Travel Gods to spend so much effort on frustrating our travel plans. A series of events have joined forces to once again force the SRE07 into a frustrating and expensive delay.
We thought we had circumvented the money glitches, national elections, Islamic Holy Days and arriving visitors only to be faced yesterday with a heavy regimen of antibiotics for one of the members of our crew. Doc says to stay put until things improve.
For now all we can say is that the Dark Side is on the prowl...and we are stuck in the mud.
Best as we can tell...it will be another week at the earliest and could possibly be as late as mid October before our launch. The issue now is whether to hunker down and wait for the fall...or...live out of our backpacks with the keys in our hands?
The Score? Travel Gods-5 Stewards-0