Friday, February 23, 2007

Turkish Trickery

I have a low tolerance for surprises, my pride and previous responsibilities have taught me to avoid them at all costs. Having said that, I have discovered that the most intimate member of my crew has been in collusion with our good friend Levent and his clever clan.
"Patron" The Boss of this Family

These dear friends have been sailing under false colors, meaning that I bought their bill of goods, hook…line…and sinker, and fell prey to an afternoon of food, fun and fecklessness in remembrance of my arrival to this planet 45 years ago.
While I must protest for the sake of posterity…I am helpless in the presence of good Turkish cooking and look forward to next year. I suspect nothing.
With Begum


The Spread

4 comments:

Sonja Streuber, PMP(R), SSBB said...

Oh wow! The food looks AMAZING.

Happy birthday!

John & Ruth said...

What a great idea you most intimate and friends had. Looks like you all had a good time.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Stan. Looks like you need to start jogging after a meal like that!

Russ Millsaps

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Turkish food looks better than Thai food! :) Chile's anyone?

Paul & Crystal

P.S. If Paul was actually writing this comment I'm sure he would say something like "I hate your guts", but luckily I'm of a happier conscience than him!

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World