Friday, May 23, 2008

Working Hard Laying Down

You know you are in the right corner of the world when you can appreciate a culture that loves something as unique as ceiling-art. Think about it...what do you have to do in order to study and absorb the beauty in a work of art on a ceiling? Repose. A Safronbolu Ceiling

Ottomanesque architecture features elaborate ceiling art and design. The longer we live in Turkey, the more I wonder if there isn't a rouge Turk in my ancestry because I have learned to enjoy the process of pondering...Turk style.
You see, I have to think about things for a long time before putting pen to paper. Here in our corner of Asia I seem to fit right in because I choose to make like an Ottoman and ponder my perceptions laying flat on my back. An ideal location to enjoy the art of Turkey.

No comments:

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World