Thursday, February 07, 2008

Whine, Women and Throngs

If you have been traveling with us the last few years you already know of my passion for keeping a diary and how my Moleskine Journal is my constant companion. The Moleskine company has been in business for two centuries with the exception of closing down for a few years in the 1980's. For that reason, I have stacks of new Moleskines in reserve. Even though our website is our main venue for the highlights of our life on the Far Side of the World...it is in my Moleskine where my heart is written.
Why, you ask, is this interesting? The problem with online journals is that you can go back and rewrite history to suit your mood. But...since you all know me for the simple mind I am, I will let yesterday's post stand for what it is...a whiner. For that I apologize.
I had a lot of luck yesterday. Our process at the hospital (The Red Crescent) was smooth...the time we entered to the time we left was less than 70 minutes. Consultation, radiology, consultation again, casting and billing was a breeze. The cost was just a few hundred Lira and the most amazing part was that the place was packed with patients. The registration process was less than 1 minute. Not a single form was required on our end and you paid for each service at the time it was rendered.
My Beloved Moleskine

Once we got home the house was full of well-wishers and at one point last night I was lying on the bed and couldn't see the ceiling above me for the huddle of concerned wives and women of our neighborhood hovering over me and talking to Ann. Today there has been a throng gathered at our door or passing through the bedroom waiting to help. Is there an upside to this season of being homebound? You bet...I am guessing the free food will start arriving tonight.

No comments:

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World