Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Clipped Wings

Ok...I know I am a bit dense and should have headed into the doc earlier this week. I was hoping things would mend without intervention but everyday brought new colors and swelling into the mix. Today, 3 days after I twisted my foot I acquiesced and went to the doctor with Ann and our neighbors Ercan & Reyhan.
The bad news is that I have a “spiral-torsion break that splintered” (?) and that a break at this location heals slowly. Far worse news is that I am completely off my feet for 8 weeks with the exception of heading in for weekly x-rays. I can't drive, walk, sit or travel for the next 2 months, 60 days, or 1440 hours...basically-forever. They say I need to be flat on my back with my foot raised….now is that really necessary? My nomadic propensities are not flexing well today. More later…Life Ends as I Know It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch...that's a bad break...pun intended...get some Acupuncture...a liquid tinture applied topically called "Zheng Gu Shui" bone and tendon water will help...you should be able to find that in any asian market...also...my favorate...castor oil...no stan, don't drink it...will promote healing...put some on your foot and put a sock on...it's thick so don't use too much...lots of massage...I will try calling you too...so funny been thinking about you! Sending warrior man love and much light your way...and to your beautiful family!

Silk Road Nomads said...

Man!....there are some days I miss being 313Z....I don't miss it bad enough to go back...Just the food and company-- Mongolian Lamb, DeMilles, Greek Corner and the shakedowns. Maybe we really weren't as great as we remember...but setting off 12g flares down off 15&Aero sure stuck with me.
Warrior Man Love Back

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World