Thursday, March 01, 2012

Anatolian Journey-Soul Food

I love where I live. I love Turks. I love Turkey...and you know my thoughts on Turkish cuisine border on obsession. But, it is in the villages where my heart beats deepest. I feel free there. I feel the ancient ways calling to me from the canyons and pulling me to the ridges. It is there that the excitement swells from my soul. I feel there, the most alive and I am passionate about exploring every corner of the Anatolian Silk Roads.
In a few days we will hit the trails and make a swing through the Taurus Range villages and then east-northeast to Erzincan. We will follow the Euphrates south towards Malatya. Catching up with old friends, village chiefs and imams along the way. 
My Istanbul window is bordered with dark clouds and filled with sheeting snow blowing sideways...nothing beats the ramp up to a village expedition.

Now...a little eye candy


Praying in Mahmut Bey Camii in Kasaba Koy

Mahmut Bey Camii's Amazing Interior

Sabancı Camii



1 comment:

Aaron said...

Stunning photos! Have a fantastic trip. Looking forward to hearing about it when you return.

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World