Saturday, January 19, 2008

Winter Color


I know I have told you about our weekly markets before...but, in this relationship you are unfortunately at the mercy of my whimsy. I look forward to the Thursday Pazar that shuts down a few miles of side streets here in our corner of Istanbul.
Busier than Disneyland on the 4th of July it is a chaotic shoving match with vendors touting their wares and goods in high pitched yells and shouts, each trying to outdo the other. The sights, sounds, flavors and smells are full and vibrant.
With winter in full swing I was amazed at the quality of the produce we gathered this week. Elle saw them on the counter waiting to be washed and shot these pics as the afternoon sun was streaming in the window.

No comments:

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World