Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Regroup

24 Years, 11 Months, 10 Days....Yeah Baby!<

Pulling into Istanbul a few days ago we arrived as Ramadan was wrapping up. The stores are bristling with people, the malls are full, food courts are standing room only...(its almost like these folks hadn't eaten in weeks).
We are getting our feet back under us...great trip but we came home a bit beat up. Today was my first full day of work and I have been busy trying to decide whether I like my brown sweater or my blue one better...believe me, I'm wiped out.

Lake Van

Ann is washing and airing out all the gear and clothes; sleeping bags, backpacks, jeans and jackets are all in various stages of cleaning, repair or repacking.
Stanley has every socket in the apartment hooked up to some battery, camera or charger. We have stacks of DVD's from his camera to view and edit. Elle has pages of notes, sketches and thoughts she is sorting through. Even though we are still regrouping...the map is out and plans for a January expedition are firming up.

No comments:

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World

Living, Traveling, and Wandering on the Far Side of the World